Absa Cape Epic Qualification
Five Pair entries for the Absa Cape Epic have been set-aside exclusively for Cape to Cape Pairs.
You have an opportunity to purchase an entry through a draw.
About the Absa Cape Epic
The Absa Cape Epic is held over 8 days in March every year, covering approximately 700 kilometres with 15,000m of climbing in South Africa’s Western Cape.
Every year, the early bird entries sell out faster than you can say ‘Indwa’ (the Zulu name for South Africa’s national bird, the Blue Crane). But, as an entrant in Cape to Cape, you have the unique opportunity to purchase an entry through a draw for yourself and your partner.
What you have to do
To qualify for one of the entry slots, you will need to register your interest on your pair Active registration form prior to the race (only available to pair riders). If you forgot to tick that box and would like to register your interest you can email us at email@example.com.
Need more time to consider the challenge? You can still sign up at the event by seeing the crew at Information until the evening of stage 2.
View the Pairs Race Rules here. To be eligible to race 2023 Absa Cape Epic you must be 18 years of age as at 2021 Stage 1 date.
A number of pair entries will be allocated to the 2023 Absa Cape Epic through two ways; Wildcard Entry and Draw Allocation.
Overall Men & Overall Women - Wildcard Entry
The overall men’s and women’s winning pairs qualify for a guaranteed wildcard entry into the Absa Cape Epic. This must be requested via the Absa Cape Epic wildcard system within 7 days of winning the Cape to Cape.
Any professional UCI registered rider may apply via the Absa Cape Epic wildcard system, but entries are offered at the sole discretion of the Absa Cape Epic organisers.
The Draw Allocation provides the opportunity to purchase one of five guaranteed 2023 Absa Cape Epic entries. These will be drawn at Stage 4 Cape to Cape final awards presentation.
- Draw Allocation is eligible to Cape to Cape 4-day Pair riders only (i.e. excludes 4-day solo)
- The Draw Allocation slots are per individual within a 2-person pair. The individual is free to choose any partner, i.e. it is not necessary that his/her partner participated in Cape to Cape
- Riders must register their interest during the online registration process or from your MyEvents account in active.com at a later date. A $10 AUD fee to register your interest will be charged which will be donated to Qhubeka one of the Absa Cape Epic official charity partners
- Riders must be present at the final awards
- Should a rider decide not to take up the entry or not be present at the final awards ceremony, the entry will be re-drawn at the time of the awards ceremony
- An immediate non-refundable deposit of $1000 USD per guaranteed entry must be made on Sunday 24 October 2021. Deposit will be taken in AUD at the current conversion rate that day. Credit card only, no cash will be accepted
- The team entry fee for the 2023 Absa Cape Epic will be announced in February 2022. Riders will be emailed details on how to complete the payment.
All entries are for the 2023 Absa Cape Epic and cannot be transferred to another year. Once payment has been received, the standard Absa Cape Epic cancellation policy applies.