Withdrawal and Cancellation Policy
Riders confirmed in the race who wish to withdraw, must do so in writing to the race office via email at email@example.com
It is the rider’s responsibility to ensure the race office has received any communication. All requests will be responded to. If you do not receive a response from the race office within 7 days of request, it should be assumed that it has not been received and you should contact us by phone on 1300 761 384.
Upon confirmation of this request, riders may be eligible for a partial refund of their entry fee (details below):
- Written cancellations received before 5pm, 21st September 2018 will be refunded 70% of their Entry Fee.
- Any requests received after 5pm Friday 21st September, 2018 will not be eligible for a refund under any circumstances.
Any additional purchases including but not limited to; ACTIVE Fees, FinisherPix or Mountain Bike Australia Membership fees paid at the time of entry are non-refundable at any time.
Deferral Policy and Terms and Conditions
- Riders confirmed in Cape to Cape 2018 are able to defer their race entry to Cape to Cape 2019 with no extra fees.
- Deferral requests for 2018 Cape to Cape can be made up until 5:00pm on 21st September, 2018.
- Under no circumstances will deferral requests will be accepted after this date.
Riders confirmed in the race who wish to defer their entry to 2019, must do so in writing to the race office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the riders’ responsibility to ensure the race office has received any communication. All requests will be responded to. If you do not receive a response from the race office within 7 days of request, it should be assumed that it has not been received and you should contact us by phone on 1300 761 384.
Note: Once a transfer or deferral has been granted or completed the option to receive any retrospective refund or make further transfers or deferrals is no longer available.
Conditions of Participation
The Cape to Cape is open to mountain bikers from around the world. Entrants must be 15 years of age as at Stage 1 (18th October) of the race. All riders are required to sign a legal waiver form when entering.
Please note that riders under the age of 18 are allow to race but are required to have a parent or guardian sign their event waiver. This is a compulsory part of registration and needs to be approved with parent/guardian signature. Minors are also required to ride in the event with an approved adult.
Mountain Bike Australia Membership
To be eligible to race every rider is required to hold a valid race membership with Mountain Bike Australia, either a Mountain Bike Australia existing member Race Membership or an event Race Licence.
Race Membership: You must hold a valid race membership to Mountain Bike Australia for the current season. You will need to enter your membership number at registration.
Race Licence: If you don’t hold a valid annual registration with Mountain Bike Australia you will be required to purchase at time of entry.
*Ensure you bring your annual membership card to rider check in, if you are unable to produce this you will be required to purchase a race licence before you can ride.
- Your bike! Checked and running soundly
- Sturdy, closed in shoes
- Riding clothes, and optional gloves.
- Mobile phone
- Camelback / water bottle for hydration
- Bike pump, either on you or in your car
- Spare tubes and puncture kit, either on you or in your car.
- Bike multi-tool