If you cannot participate in the event, entry fee refunds are available in accordance with the below stated Rider Withdrawal dates. After the stipulated dates, entry fees are non-refundable for withdrawals initiated by the rider. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser via email email@example.com.
Where eligible, please allow up to 7 days for your refund to be processed. The refund is automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rider Withdrawal Dates
|31 July 2020||50% of entry fee refundable for refund requests made up to this date.|
|11 September 2020||25% of entry fee refundable for refund requests made up to this date. No refunds for rider withdrawals after this date.|
** Please note: The above Rider Withdrawal policy does not apply to riders who have transferred from the 2020 Port to Port into the 2020 Cape to Cape. Please refer to the Athlete Withdrawal Dates stated on the Port to Port website here. Deferrals shall be made in accordance with the Deferral Conditions set out below. Any additional purchases (including but not limited to) ACTIVE Fees, Photo packages or Mountain Bike Australia Membership paid at the time of entry are non-refundable at any time.
COVID-19 Related Policies
What if Cape to Cape does not take place on 22-25 October 2020, for reasons relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic?
Where possible, the event will be rescheduled, and if this happens all registered riders will have their race registration automatically moved to the new date. We will provide as much notice as we can.
What if I can’t make a rescheduled date, I am unable to get to either the original event or a rescheduled event due to border restrictions, or if the event does not happen at all?
Riders will be offered an Event Credit to the value of your entry (including additional purchases). This Event Credit can be used on any of the IRONMAN Group’s portfolio of events in Australia.
Deferral and Conditions
- Riders confirmed in Cape to Cape 2020 are able to defer their race entry to Cape to Cape 2021 with no extra fees.
- Deferral requests for 2020 Cape to Cape can be made up until 5:00pm(AWST) on 25 September, 2020.
- Under no circumstances will deferral requests will be accepted after this date.
Riders confirmed in the race who wish to defer their entry to 2021, must do so in writing to the race office via email at email@example.com
It is the riders responsibility to ensure the race office has received any communication. If you do not receive a response from the race office within 10 business days of request, it should be assumed that it has not been received and you should contact us by phone 1300 761 384.
Note: Once a deferral has been granted or completed the option to receive any retrospective refund or make further deferrals is no longer available.
Please note: Deferrals are not available to athletes transferred from the 2020 Port to Port into the 2020 Cape to Cape.
Conditions of Participation
Cape to Cape welcomes riders of all abilities and is open to mountain bikers from around the world. Our motto is ‘it’s a ride, not a race’. While there are elite riders participating each year, inexperienced entrants who are new to the sport of mountain biking also enter.
Entrants must be 15 years of age as at Stage 1 (22 October 2020) of the race. All riders are required to sign a legal waiver form when entering.
Please note that participants under the age of 18 are welcome to register and compete in the Cape to Cape, but are required to have a parent guardian sign their event waiver. The waiver is a compulsory part of registration and needs to be approved with parent/guardian signature. Minors are also required to ride in the event with an approved adult and agree to ride within 2 minutes of their approved rider the whole course.
Compulsory Rider Briefings
All riders are required to attend the compulsory pre-race briefing each day. These will be delivered 15 minutes prior to that stages start. The briefing will inform you on what to expect on course, road rules, dismount zones and rider etiquette. Time penalties will be awarded to riders who do not obey the race rules.
Mountain Bike Australia Membership
Every rider is required to hold a valid race membership with Mountain Bike Australia (MTBA), either an Annual Race Membership or Race Licence.
Option 1 - Race Membership: You must hold a valid MTBA race membership for the current season. You will need to enter your membership number at time of registration.
- Note: Recreation Membership does not cover you for this event. You can upgrade your membership to include race coverage for $20AUD by contacting MTBA directly. Proof of the upgrade must be presented at Registration Onsite
- Note: MTBA have a free trial membership (T&Cs apply) that includes race coverage. The trial membership is valid for 8 weeks from when you sign up for it. If you wish to take advantage of this, you will need to register for Cape to Cape via the General Category and purchase the Race Licence at the time of entry. Once you have registered for your free MTBA trial membership, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the receipt of free trial membership. We will then refund your Race Licence fee of $36.
Option 2 - Race Licence: If you don't hold a valid MTBA race membership you will be required to purchase an MTBA race licence when you enter (AUD$36).
- All riders must present their MTBA annual race membership card. Either a physical card or photo on their phone (ie in the App)
- Alternatively you can log into your MTBA account via the MTBA website
- If you do not present a valid membership you will be required to purchase a race licence
- If you purchased a race licence with your entry you are not required to present any proof at Registration.
Not sure if you purchased a Race Licence? Check your email confirmation/receipt or contact email@example.com. For more information about what the race membership and race licences include please view the Mountain Bike Australia website.
- Your bike! Checked and running soundly
- Sturdy, closed in shoes
- Riding clothes, and optional gloves.
- Mobile phone
- Camelback / water bottle for hydration
- Bike pump, either on you or in your car
- Spare tubes and puncture kit, either on you or in your car.
- Bike multi-tool