- Your bike! Checked and running soundly
- Sturdy, closed in shoes
- Riding clothes, and optional gloves.
- Mobile phone
- Camelback / water bottle for hydration
- Bike pump, either on you or in your car
- Spare tubes and puncture kit, either on you or in your car.
- Bike multi-tool
If you cannot participate in the event for any reason, entry fee refunds are available in accordance with the below stated Rider Withdrawal dates. After the stipulated dates, entry fees are non-refundable for withdrawals initiated by the rider. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser via email email@example.com.
Rider Withdrawal Refunds
Where eligible, please allow up to 30 business days for your refund to be processed. The refund is automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired it is the rider’s responsibility to notify our customer service team when requesting the eligible refund.
Rider Withdrawal Dates
|30 July 2021||45% of entry fee refundable for refund requests made up to 11.59pm on this date.|
|10 September 2021||22% of entry fee refundable for refund requests made up to 11.59pm on this date. No refunds for rider withdrawals after this date.|
The following additional purchases paid for at the time of entry (if any) will be refunded in addition to the entry fee: Sportograf Photo Packages and MTBA race licence. Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Organiser to a third party service provider such as medal engraving, are not refundable.
The Rider Withdrawal Program is not available to athletes who have transferred or deferred into this event or entered the event through the use of an Event Credit.
COVID-19 Related Policies
What if the event does not take place on 21-14 October 2021, for reasons relating to the COVID-19 Pandemic?
Where possible, the event will be rescheduled, and if this happens all registered riders will have their race registration (and any additional purchases) moved to the new event date. We will provide as much notice as we can.
If for reasons beyond the Event Organisers control the event does not take place at all (including reasons relating to COVID-19), all registered riders will have their race registrations (and any additional purchases) automatically moved to the same event in 2022 (or, if the event is not confirmed to take place in 2022, athletes will be provided with an Event Credit to the value of their entry fee which can be used on any of the Event Organisers portfolio of events Australia for three years from issue).
In the circumstances set out above, there will be no refund of the riders entry fee (or any portion of) or any other costs incurred in connection with the event.
What if I can’t make the date I have automatically been moved to?
Riders will be given a limited opportunity to alternatively take an Event Credit to the value of their entry (including additional purchases). This Event Credit can be used on any of the Event Organiser’s portfolio of events in Australia.
Deferral and Conditions
Register on or before 11.59pm (AWST) 23 February 2021 and you are eligible to defer your entry to the 2022 Cape to Cape at no additional entry fee cost regardless of the reason, on or before 11:59pm (AWST) 6 September 2021. The deferral may only be exercised once. Riders who elect to defer their entries forfeit any Rider Withdrawal eligible refund.
The Cape to Cape Deferral Program is not available to riders who have transferred or deferred into this event, or entered the event through the use of Event Credit. All deferrals under the Cape to Cape Deferral Program are final.
Conditions of Participation
Cape to Cape welcomes riders of all abilities and is open to mountain bikers from around the world. Our motto is ‘it’s a ride, not a race’. While there are elite riders participating each year, inexperienced entrants who are new to the sport of mountain biking also enter.
Entrants must be 15 years of age as at Stage 1 (21 October 2021) of the race. All riders are required to sign a legal waiver form when entering.
Please note that participants under the age of 18 are welcome to register and compete in the Cape to Cape, but are required to have a parent guardian sign their event waiver. The waiver is a compulsory part of registration and needs to be approved with parent/guardian signature. Minors are also required to ride in the event with an approved adult and agree to ride within 2 minutes of their approved rider the whole course.
Compulsory Rider Briefings
All riders are required to attend the compulsory pre-race briefing each day. These will be delivered 15 minutes prior to that stages start. The briefing will inform you on what to expect on course, road rules, dismount zones and rider etiquette. Time penalties will be awarded to riders who do not obey the race rules.
Every rider is required to hold a valid race membership with AusCycling, either an Annual Race Membership or Competition Licence.
Option 1 - Race Membership: You must hold a valid AusCycling race membership for the current season. You will need to enter your membership number at time of registration.
- Note: Lifestyle Membership does not cover you for this event. You can upgrade your membership to include race coverage for by contacting AusCycling. Proof of the upgrade must be presented at Registration Onsite
- Note: AusCycling have a free trial membership (T&Cs apply) that includes race coverage. The trial membership is valid for 4 weeks from when you sign up for it. If you wish to take advantage of this, you will need to register for Cape to Cape via the General Category and purchase the Race Licence at the time of entry. Once you have registered for your free AusCycling trial membership, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the receipt of free trial membership. We will then refund your Competiton Licence fee.
Option 2 - Race Licence: If you don't hold a valid AusCycling race membership you will be required to purchase an AusCycling race licence when you enter (AUD$54.65 inclusive of all fees and taxes).
- All riders must present their AusCycling annual race membership card. Either a physical card or photo on their phone (ie in the App)
- Alternatively you can log into your AusCycling account via the AusCycling website
- If you do not present a valid membership you will be required to purchase a competition licence.
- If you purchased a race licence with your entry you are not required to present any proof at Registration.
Not sure if you purchased a Competition Licence? Check your email confirmation/receipt or contact email@example.com. For more information about what the membership and competition licences include please view the AusCycling Website