Event Terms & Conditions
2024 Event Terms & Conditions
ENTRY REFUND AND DEFERRAL POLICY
We've listened to you and have streamlined our refund and deferral policy to look after our riders. We want to see you riding the Cape to Cape, and if that's not this year then we'll see you back next year!
If you've registered and you're not able to ride with us this year, essentially you have three options for deferral, transfer or refund of your entry fee:
OPTION 1 - DEFERRAL
You can defer your entry to the 2025 Cape to Cape regardless of the reason.
To defer your entry you need to notify us by email at email@example.com by 11:59pm (AWST) on Tuesday 15 October 2024. Simple!
OPTION 2 - TRANSFER
You can transfer your entry to another person (what a great friend!)
To transfer your entry you need to notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm (AWST) on Tuesday 15 October 2024. Please note:
- The replacement rider must hold or purchase the appropriate AusCycling Licence to ride
- Their age and gender will determine their event category (Solo or Pairs)
OPTION 3 - REFUND (VIA PROTECHT)
For 2024 we've partnered with Race Roster to enable riders to purchase Race Roster Enhanced Refund Protection. Please note:
- This must be purchased when you register, it can not be added at a later date
- Terms and Conditions apply - please visit Protecht for further information
If you decide to withdraw at the event after collecting your race kit at Registration, please advise Event Information onsite. If you need to withdraw on any of the race days, your details must be recorded by the Drop Out Clerk located at Event Information.
TRANSFER YOUR ENTRY TO A DIFFERENT CATEGORY
Riders can request to transfer their entry from a Solo Rider to a Pairs or vice versa, up until such time as that category is sold out, subject to the following:
- To request a transfer from one category to another, riders must email the team at email@example.com before 11:59pm (AWST) on Tuesday 15 October 2024. After this date, such requests can only be made at the Help Desk at Rider Registration.
Please note: This event takes place in Margaret River, Western Australia. It is each rider's sole responsibility to ensure that they can attend (including Rider Registration during specified times) and compete in the event on the day.
Conditions of Participation
Cape to Cape welcomes riders of all abilities and is open to mountain bikers from around the world. Our motto is ‘it’s a ride, not a race’. While there are elite riders participating each year, inexperienced entrants who are new to the sport of mountain biking also enter.
Entrants must be 15 years of age as at Stage 1 (17 October 2024) of the race. All riders are required to sign a legal waiver form when entering.
Please note that participants under the age of 18 are welcome to register and compete in the Cape to Cape, but are required to have a parent guardian sign their event waiver. The waiver is a compulsory part of registration and needs to be approved with parent/guardian signature.
Compulsory Rider Briefings
All riders are required to attend the compulsory pre-race briefing each day. These will be delivered 15 minutes prior to that stages start. The briefing will inform you on what to expect on course, road rules, dismount zones and rider etiquette. Time penalties will be awarded to riders who do not obey the race rules.
Every rider is required to hold a valid race membership with AusCycling, either an Annual Race Membership or an Event Licence.
Option 1 - Annual Membership: You must hold a valid AusCycling race membership for the current season. You will need to enter your membership number at time of registration.
- Note: Lifestyle Membership does not cover you for this event. You can upgrade your membership to include race coverage for by contacting AusCycling. Proof of the upgrade must be presented at Registration Onsite
- For further information on AusCycling Annual Memberships please visit: www.auscycling.org.au/membership
Option 2 - Event Licence: If you don't hold a valid AusCycling race membership you will need to select the 'Solo - General' or 'Pairs - General' in the registration system. The cost of the AusCycling Event Licence (AUD$52.75 inclusive of all fees and taxes) is included in the entry fee. For further information of what's included in an Event Licence, please visit: www.auscycling.org.au/membership/other/event-licences
- All riders must present their AusCycling annual race membership card. Either a physical card or photo on their phone (i.e. in the App)
- Alternatively you can log into your AusCycling account via the AusCycling website
- If you do not present a valid membership you will be required to purchase an event licence.
- If you purchased a event licence with your entry you are not required to present any proof at Rider rego.
Not sure if you purchased an Event Licence? Check your email confirmation/receipt or contact hello. For more information about what the membership and event licences include please view the AusCycling Website
- Your bike! Checked and running soundly
- Sturdy, closed in shoes
- Riding clothes, and optional gloves.
- Mobile phone
- Camelback / water bottle for hydration
- Bike pump, either on you or in your car
- Spare tubes and puncture kit, either on you or in your car.
- Bike multi-tool